Automatically save your response progress in Google Forms: Beta available for Google Workspace for Education customers
Next week, we’re launching draft responses for Google Forms in beta. When responding to a Google Form, Quiz or Quiz assignment in Classroom while signed into your Google Workspace account, your progress will automatically be saved as a draft for 30 days from your last edit or until the form is completed.
This beta is only available to Google Workspace for Education customers. Admins can use this form to express interest in participating in the beta.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
With this new feature, you won’t have to start over if you can’t complete a form or quiz in one sitting, if you want to switch between multiple devices, or if your internet connection cuts out before your answers have been submitted.
Note that during the beta, Forms will only automatically save your progress as a draft for users in your domain when they’re signed in to their Google Workspace for Education account.
Data location requirements
In order to participate in the beta, your domain cannot have data location requirements. To determine if you have data regions, use this Help Center article regarding geographic location for your data.
While this beta is only available for Google Workspace for Education customers, this feature will be made available to all Google Workspace customers later this year. We’ll provide an update on the Workspace Updates blog when this feature becomes generally available.
- Admins: Google Workspace for Education admins can use this form to express interest in joining the Draft Responses Beta for Google Forms. You’ll be notified via email once accepted into the beta and when the beta becomes available.
- End users: No action required. Once the beta starts, your draft responses will automatically be saved when logged in to your Google account. To view your drafted responses, simply reopen the form link when logged in to your Google account.
- Available to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Education Standard, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Frontline, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- This week’s stories from Google Cloud: April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- EdTechs transform education with AI and Analytics April 30, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: April updates from Google.org April 30, 2021
- Applications are now open for the first Google Cloud Accelerator Canada April 30, 2021
- Email threads with recipients outside your organization will be labeled “External” April 29, 2021
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- Trash to treasure: How Google thinks about deconstruction April 29, 2021