Applications are now open for the second cohort of the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada
Applications are now open for the 2021 cohort of the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada. Up to twelve Canadian technology startups will be selected for an intensive ten-week bootcamp to prepare for their next phase of growth.
Last year, we launched our Google for Startups Accelerator in Canada and welcomed 9 startups from different industries to learn and scale with Google mentors and tools. I can say without a doubt that this program was one of my proudest projects; in an extremely challenging year, the founders in our program showed no signs of slowing, and consistently brought a positive attitude and new ways to innovate to work every day. We saw our founders secure deals on Dragon’s Den, earn Breakthrough Awards and receive media attention.
Our first cohort shared that the most valuable part of the program was the technical mentorship – at the close of the program, many of our startups said that the expertise offered by Google’s experts was unparalleled, and that their technical projects jumped leaps and bounds within our program. Quebec cohort graduate ArkAngel AI shares their experience here. We also hosted a Demo Day where hundreds of viewers (including investors across North America!) tuned in to hear from our founders.
With this in mind, we plan to double our efforts in the Canadian startup community this year with additional accelerator programming. Our Voice AI Accelerator is the newest program to come to market for Canadian and US startups, and we have more to share in the coming months.
Today, applications open for our second cohort, and I am thrilled to invite the next cohort for our Accelerator to apply. The program will welcome 10-12 startups, and will kick off on April 19th.
We plan to work with Seed to Series A tech startups that are headquartered in Canada. Participating startups can expect detailed technical training and high-level strategic development opportunities with our machine learning, people, product and growth labs. Our cohort has access to Google’s mentors and experts, and is eligible to join the global alumni network for events, connections with global peers, and more.
If you think your startup is a good fit, we welcome you to apply, and can’t wait to hear from you.
Related Google News:
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Introducing Model Search: An Open Source Platform for Finding Optimal ML Models February 19, 2021