Anonymous users will be blocked from Google Meet for G Suite for Education meetings by default
To increase the privacy of education meetings in Google Meet, anonymous users (users not signed into a Google account) can no longer join meetings organized by anyone with a G Suite for Education or G Suite Enterprise for Education license. This prevents participants from sharing a link publicly to encourage anonymous users to request access.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
Anonymous users can cause disruption to learning by making noise and sharing content, and become a distraction for the meeting organizer when they try to join meetings.
Admins: There is no admin for this feature. G Suite for Education admins can request to have this feature disabled to allow anonymous participants to join Google Meet calls by contacting G Suite support to request an exception. This will allow meetings organized by users in their domain to allow anonymous users to join.
End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting up Meet for distance learning.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 13, 2020
- Available to G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers
Related Google News:
- Track changes in SQL Server on Google Cloud using Change Data Capture April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Celebrating Earth Day with our inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Climate Change cohort April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Help users log in across affiliated sites on Chrome April 22, 2021
- Choosing the right orchestrator in Google Cloud April 21, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021