Announcing our first GCP VRP Prize winner and updates to 2020 program
Posted by Harshvardan Sharma, Information Security Engineer, Google
Last year, we announced a yearly Google Cloud Platform (GCP) VRP Prize to promote security research of GCP. Since then, we’ve received many interesting entries as part of this new initiative from the security research community. Today, we are announcing the winner as well as several updates to our program for 2020.
After careful evaluation of all the submissions, we are excited to announce our winner of the 2019 GCP VRP prize: Wouter ter Maat, who submitted a write-up about Google Cloud Shell vulnerabilities. You can read his winning write-up here.
There were several other excellent reports submitted to our GCP VRP in 2019. To learn more about them watch this video by LiveOverflow, which explains some of the top submissions in detail.
To encourage more security researchers to look for vulnerabilities in GCP and to better reward our top bug hunters, we’re tripling the total amount of the GCP VRP Prize this year. We will pay out a total of $313,337 for the top vulnerability reports in GCP products submitted in 2020. The following prize amounts will be distributed between the top 6 submissions:
- 1st prize: $133,337
- 2nd prize: $73,331
- 3rd prize: $73,331
- 4th prize: $31,337
- 5th prize: $1,001
- 6th prize: $1,000
Related Google News:
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Announcing the Android Ready SE Alliance March 25, 2021
- Four ways CSPs can harness data, automation, and AI to create business value March 25, 2021
- Meet the EMEA startups and scaleups redefining their industries with cloud technology March 25, 2021
- New for education sites: Practice problems and Math solver structured data March 25, 2021
- High throughput VM logging and metrics agent now in Preview March 23, 2021
- Progress and Challenges in Long-Form Open-Domain Question Answering March 23, 2021
- Introducing Network Connectivity Center: A revolution in simplifying on-prem and cloud networking March 23, 2021