Adding Google Chat, Google Calendar, and Jamboard to Google Workspace Essentials
Quick launch summary
We’re giving teams and organizations more ways to connect and collaborate by adding Google Chat, Google Calendar, and Jamboard to Google Workspace Essentials, all included at no additional cost.
We know that different types of workers have different needs for communication and collaboration. We hope that, with the addition of these apps, Google Workspace Essentials customers will take advantage of new ways to communicate and collaborate by:
- Using Chat to stay connected with your team and other stakeholders in your organization
- Using Jamboard and Google Meet to conduct more immersive and engaging meetings
- Using Calendar to schedule calls and team meetings
We’re also adding the ability for multiple teams within one domain to sign up for Google Workspace Essentials, even if other teams in their domain have previously signed up in the past.
Visit http://workspace.google.com/essentials to learn more about Google Workspace Essentials.
- Admins: Google Chat and Jamboard will be ON by default. Google Calendar will be OFF by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning a service on or off for your organization.
- End users: Visit http://workspace.google.com/essentials to learn more about Google Workspace Essentials.
These features are available now.
- These changes apply to Google Workspace Essentials customers only.
- These changes are not relevant to Google Workspace Enterprise Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, or Enterprise Plus, or G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, or Nonprofits customers.
Related Google News:
- Add and manage four new types of citations in Google Docs March 31, 2021
- Modernizing your Google App Engine applications March 31, 2021
- Migrate your MySQL and PostgreSQL databases using Database Migration Service, now GA March 31, 2021
- Delivering high-performing global APIs with Apigee X and Cloud CDN March 31, 2021
- How BigQuery helps scale and automate insights for baseball fans March 31, 2021
- Free AI and machine learning training for fraud detection, chatbots, and more March 31, 2021
- How fact checkers and Google.org are fighting misinformation March 31, 2021
- Google News Showcase is launching in Italy March 31, 2021