Add support links to your Business Profile on Google
Local businesses are core to our communities, but the impact of COVID-19 has been tough on business owners. Over the past few months, we’ve added tools and features to make it easier for businesses to keep customers informed, including the ability to add dining options and updated hours to Business Profiles.
Today, we’re rolling out support links for businesses to post directly to their Business Profiles on Google, starting first in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. With this feature, merchants will be able to add a donation link, gift card link or both to their profile. They can also share a personal message in their post to inform customers how funds will be put to use. These support links will be visible to consumers later this month.
At launch, we’ve partnered with PayPal and GoFundMe for donations. For gift cards, merchants can link directly to the relevant page on their website or to their gift card offerings with one of our eligible partners, which includes Square, Toast, Clover and Vagaro. While Google is not charging merchants or consumers any fees, there may be partner processing fees associated with campaigns.
We know that businesses around the world are looking for financial support during this time. Our initial launch will begin with a subset of businesses to protect against misuse, with plans to expand to more countries, merchants, and partners in a safe and responsible way over the coming weeks. For more information visit our help center.
Related Google News:
- A look at the new Google Cloud Marketplace Private Catalog, now with Terraform support February 24, 2021
- Celebrating Black History Month at Google Canada: Meet Roger McFarlane February 24, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- GameSnacks brings HTML5 games to Google products February 23, 2021
- Celebrating Black History Month at Google Canada: Meet Blessing Nnachi February 23, 2021
- Updates on Google Health’s clinical tools February 23, 2021
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- At your service! With schedule-based autoscaling, VMs are at the ready February 22, 2021