A Google for Startups Accelerator for startups using voice technology to better the world
Posted by Jason Scott, Head of Startup Developer Ecosystem, U.S., Google
At Google, we have long understood that voice user interfaces can help millions of people accomplish their goals more effectively. Our journey in voice began in 2008 with Voice Search — with notable milestones since, such as building our first deep neural network in 2012, our first sequence-to-sequence network in 2015, launching Google Assistant in 2016, and processing speech fully on device in 2019. These building blocks have enabled the unique voice experiences across Google products that our users rely on everyday.
Voice AI startups play a key role in helping build and deliver innovative voice-enabled experiences to users. And, Google is committed to helping tech startups deliver high impact solutions in the voice space. This month, we are excited to announce the Google for Startups Accelerator: Voice AI program, which will bring together the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology with a joint mission to advance and support the most promising voice-enabled AI startups across North America.
As part of this Google for Startups Accelerator, selected startups will be paired with experts to help tackle the top technical challenges facing their startup. With an emphasis on product development and machine learning, founders will connect with voice technology and AI/ML experts from across Google to take their innovative solutions to the next level.
We are proud to launch our first ever Google for Startups Accelerator: Voice AI — building upon Google’s longstanding efforts to advance the future of voice-based computing. The accelerator will kick off in March 2021, bringing together a cohort of 10 to 12 innovative voice technology startups. If this sounds like your startup, we’d love to hear from you. Applications are open until January 28, 2021.
Related Google News:
- This week on the Google Cloud blog: April 25, 2021 April 25, 2021
- Curious about Google Cloud Bare Metal Solution? Start here. April 23, 2021
- Google Developer Student Clubs in India build Android Apps with Kotlin April 23, 2021
- Google Developer Group Spotlight: A conversation with Cloud Architect, Ilias Papachristos April 23, 2021
- Whitepaper: Hold your own key with Google Cloud External Key Manager April 23, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 21, 2021 April 23, 2021
- Track changes in SQL Server on Google Cloud using Change Data Capture April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021