4 things to know about the new Nest Aware
We’re all spending more time at home these days, and for many of us, that means investing time in our personal spaces and trying to check in on loved ones as much as possible. For Google Nest users, that’s getting a little easier: starting this week, the new Nest Aware is rolling out in Canada. The subscription service is a helpful, affordable companion to all of your Google Nest devices whether you’re home or away.
And even though many of us are home far more often right now, we have several features that make life at home a little easier. Here’s what to expect from the new Nest Aware:
- More affordable, simplified pricing. Instead of paying per camera, all of your devices per home—including your cameras, speakers and displays—are covered for one low price, even when you add a new device. For just $8 a month (or $80 for an annual subscription), the new Nest Aware comes with 30 days of event video history. Or, for those who want 24/7 video history, you can choose Nest Aware Plus for 60 days of event video history and 10 days of 24/7 video history for $16 per month (or $160 for an annual subscription).
- Get alerts that matter. With the new Nest Aware, now your devices will start recording event clips when they detect motion or sound and give you the clips you need to see. When something happens that needs your attention—like a package being delivered—we’ll send you an alert. If you prefer 24/7 continuous recording, for example, on your outdoor camera during the night, that’s also still available with Nest Aware Plus.
- Take care of loved ones. If your elderly parent or relative has a Nest Hub Max, not only can they stay in touch with loved ones through Duo video calling, but you can also look out for them with the new Nest Aware. All they have to do is invite you as a home member and enable their speaker or display, and you’ll get notifications if something needs your attention.
- Easily upgrade from old to new. If you already have an existing Nest Aware subscription, you can upgrade to the new version through the Google Store. Keep in mind that upgrading to the new Nest Aware requires that you migrate to a Google account if you haven’t already. You also have the option to keep your current subscription if you choose.
In addition to rolling out the new Nest Aware, over the next few days, package detection will roll out globally where Nest Hello is sold. And to make it even easier to bring more help into your home we’ve updated pricing for some of our products: starting today, Nest Hub is available for $99.99 and Nest Cam Indoor is now $179.99. We hope the new Nest Aware helps you save a little more, care for your loved ones, and know that all is well in the place you call home.
Related Google News:
- Lyra: A New Very Low Bitrate Codec for Speech Compression February 25, 2021
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021
- New in BigQuery BI Engine: faster insights across popular BI tools February 25, 2021
- A look at the new Google Cloud Marketplace Private Catalog, now with Terraform support February 24, 2021
- A new choice for parents of tweens and teens on YouTube February 24, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- New Password Checkup Feature Coming to Android February 23, 2021
- Our all-new TalkBack screen reader February 23, 2021