10,000 Australians trained through Digital Springboard
Infoxchange and Google Australia launched Digital Springboard in 2018 to help address Australia’s digital skills shortage by delivering face-to-face training across the country.
The program aims to improve digital skills for all, while supporting transitions to work and career growth through courses that build job readiness skills, as well as topics like social media strategy and an introduction to coding.
This week, the program reached a milestone of 10,000 people trained, helping people across the country get the digital skills they need to apply for a job or reach the next level in their career.
The courses are delivered face-to-face in partnership with more than 150 community groups, libraries and not-for-profits.
Infoxchange CEO David Spriggs said he was proud of the impact that Digital Springboard has had in communities from Perth to Gundagai, the Barossa Valley, Shepparton and beyond to boost digital skills.
“We’ve heard some amazing stories along the way from the people who’ve come along to our sessions,” Mr Spriggs said.
“A chef who’d been out of work for some time had created a CV with his job network provider but wasn’t getting any job offers, after he completed our Digital Springboard Build a CV course and learned about online tools that could strengthen his CV, he got the first position he applied for.”
“Our data shows that participants across the board feel more knowledgeable about the topic and more confident putting their new digital skills into practise after attending a Digital Springboard course.”
Posted by Hannah Frank, Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, Google Australia Read More
Related Google News:
- Digital skills training for 100,000 Black women February 12, 2021
- TELUS and Google Form Strategic Alliance to Bring Digital Transformation to Key Industries,… February 9, 2021
- The time for digital excellence is here—Introducing Apigee X February 4, 2021
- Building the digital factory with SAP on Google Cloud January 29, 2021
- How newsrooms can build new audiences through video January 27, 2021
- Help build a digital future in Central & Eastern Europe January 20, 2021
- Top 5 trends for API-powered digital transformation in 2021 January 14, 2021
- A year of API-driven digital transformation January 8, 2021